Pearl Barley is Non-GMO and offers a range of health benefits as it is a nutrient rich wholegrain that provides protein, dietary fibre and iron amongst other vitamins and minerals.
This slightly sweet and mild grain lends itself well to cold salads or even as a breakfast cereal topped with coconut sugar and is most popularly used as an addition to thick winter soups.
- High in Iron an important component of haemoglobin that carries oxygen from our blood to our lungs
- Rich in Protein that is crucial for many functions within the body
- High in B vitamins that help to maintain energy levels throughout the day
- Rich in fibre that aids in digestion and maintains digestive health
- High in manganese that fights free radicals within the body and acts as an anti-oxidant
- Product of South Africa
- Pearled Barley
- Add 1 cup pearled barley to 3 cups boiling water in a saucepan and simmer for 30-40 minutes until cooked
- Dimensions: 120mm x 140mm x 40mm
- Capacity: 500g