Himalaya Herbals Triphala
Triphala is translated as “three fruits”, as it consists of the fruits of the Amalaki, bibhataki, and haritaki trees. To prepare Triphala, the fruits are first dried, ground into powder form and then combined in three equal parts.
The compounds in each of the three fruits of Triphala have beneficial effects on the human body. Let’s take a look at each one in turn:
- Amalaki : The fruit of the amalaki has a very high vitamin C content. In Ayurvedic medicine, it is lauded for its antioxidant and anti-aging effects.
- Haritaki : The fruit of the Haritaki tree contains high tannin levels.
- Tannins have been shown to have natural antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral qualities. Haritaki is viewed in Ayurvedic medicine as providing immune system support and is often recommended as an overall body panacea. In the area of digestion, haritaki is thought to have antispasmodic effects, and therefore would be recommended for use in easing abdominal pain and normalizing bowel movements.
- Bibhitaki : The fruit of the bibhataki tree contains levels of gallic acid, tannic acid, and glycosides. These compounds are thought to give bibhataki antioxidant and antispasmodic qualities.
- Supports normal detoxification of the bowels and aids normal bowel movements.
- Provides a gentle pro-kinetic effect on the bowels and helps relieve long-standing constipation without causing dependence.
- The active constituents derived from three fruits exert strong antioxidant effects and promote bowel wellness.
- Soothes and calms the intestinal walls, relieving abdominal bloating and belching.
- Gastrointestinal motility disorders:
- Functional & chronic constipation
- Delayed emptying of stomach
- Constipation associated with piles, cardiac patients and postoperative conditions.
- Convalescence (as a health supplement)
GOOD TO KNOW:
- 100% vegetarian.
- Free from sugar, artificial colors, artificial flavors, preservatives, and gelatin.
- Each tablet contains: Triphala [Amla fruit (Phyllanthus emblica), Bibhitaki fruit(Terminalia bellerica), Haritaki fruit (Terminalia chebula)] – 250mg
- Each 5 ml contains 166 mg of Triphala (combination of Amalaki (Phyllanthus emblica), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)] Fruits extract.
- 1 capsule twice a day after meals
- Please inform your physician before consuming in the following situations:
- Specific contraindications have not been identified.
- Please consult your physician if symptoms persist.
Vitamins & Supplements
Each capsule contains: Triphala extract 250 mg [Amla fruit (Emblica Officinalis), belleric myrobalan fruit (Terminalia bellirica), chebulic myrobalan fruit (Terminalia chebula)]
Other ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, Calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, Silica colloidal anhydrous, Magnesium
Free from sugar, artificial flavours, preservatives, soy and dairy ingredients.