Calamus Root Cut/ Sweet Flag - 100g
- Dried Calamus Root (Acorus calamus), aka sweet flag, is a very effective herb root for many illnesses. It strengthens, and is used for any weaknesses of, the digestive system; is used for treating flatulence as well as colic and gastritis and gastric ulcers. Calamus will usually settle heartburn.
Uses & Benefits:
- Glandular disorder and gout
- Stimulates sluggish stomach and intestines and dissipates excess mucus
- Helpful for a slow metabolism, anaemia and dropsy
- Improves the appetite, may be beneficial for people suffering from kidney disorders and is a good remedy for cleansing of the whole system
- Helps for children with an indigestibility of grain
- Chewing the dried root may help smokers quit
- Dispels intestinal worms
- Helps for gum diseases and as a breath freshener
- Has a calming effect
- Can be used as an alcohol rub for aching muscles.
- In a bath to relax the nerves and for rheumatism
- Also helpful as an insect repellent
How To Use:
Infusions: Only prepare as a cold infusion.1-2 level teaspoons, soaked in a cup of cold water overnight, lightly warmed the next morning (if you want to) and strain. Drink ½ cup an hour before a meal 2 times daily.
Tincture: 2-4ml three times a day.
Should be used with caution.
- You should always consult a naturopath or medical practitioner before taking herbal supplements
- Some reports that some Beta-acarone has cancenogenic and chromosome damaging properties and they are present in this root, STAY WITHIN RECOMMENDED QUANTITIES
- Take under the care of a specialist
- Do not use whilst pregnant or breast feeding
- Do not over use for prolonged time
- Contains: mucilage, volatile oil, bitter principles, glycoside, tannin. Acts as a carminative, demulcent, anti-spasmodic.