Grape Seed Extract 100mg 30 Veg Caps
Grape seed extract is a very rich source of beneficial plant flavonoids known as Proanthocyanidins (OPCs). These flavonoids give the plants their flavour, colours and aroma, but they also give the grape seed many of its health-boosting qualities.
- Antioxidant: OPCs are potent antioxidants, which help to combat free radical damage. OPC molecules are actually taken up into the cell membrane, where they can provide protection against both water-soluble and fat-soluble free radicals.
- Skin health: OPCs protect the structure of collagen, which keeps the skin healthy and elastic. These flavonoids strengthen collagen’s connective tissue matrix, and protect against damage caused by inflammation, infection or free radicals.
- Eye health: Research has shown that regular intake of OPCs can significantly improve your visual performance.
- Heart health: OPCs protect against cholesterol and fat oxidation; this protects the arteries from damage and reduces the risk of heart disease. OPCs are also helpful in lowering cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
- Brain function: OPCs improve micro-circulation in the brain, and improves the production of nitric oxide, which acts as a neurotransmitter, assisting with memory and learning.
- Circulation & venous health: OPCs can also help to improve poor circulation, strengthen weak veins and fragile capillaries, and to improve conditions like varicose veins.
- Sexual health: OPCs stimulate the arteries’ production of nitric oxide, which is needed for erectile health. The antioxidant activity also helps to improve sperm mobility and motility.