Selenium 200ug - 90 Veg Caps
- Viridian Selenium is a trace mineral that plays a key role in your bodies' function and so is an important if you find you are suffering from a deficiency. A balanced, organic diet would normally provide the correct amount of selenium needed, but with all the toxins thrown at us on a daily basis, some people may need to take this supplement. Known for its antioxidant properties, research shows that it helps with thyroid issues and even cataracts. Selenium is also important for immune support not to mention, it works to reduce the harmful effects of mercury toxicity.
- Delivery Costs Calculated at Checkout
- Only a very small amount of selenium is needed to help your body to function, but a little goes such a long way:
- Selenium functions as part of the antioxidant enzyme, glutathione peroxidase (GP), which works with vitamin E in preventing free radical damage
- Research shows that low selenium levels have been found in people with cataracts and taking this supplement has been seen to prevent further growth
- Selenium is important for thyroid function
- Helping restore immune function, it stimulates white blood cell and thymus function
- An essential non-metal and micronutrient, it reduces the effects of mercury toxicity
- Has an overall benefit on the cardiovascular system
- People who are fed intravenously may also risk low selenium levels and so benefit from this supplement
- Aids with inflammatory conditions
All Viridian products are geared towards your well being. Great care is taken to ensure that ingredients and packaging support the movement towards an organic and environmentally friendly lifestyle.
The safe upper limit for selenium is 400 micrograms a day in adults. Anything above that is considered an overdose.
Toxic in large doses, so consult a qualified physician before taking the recommended dosage of 400 micrograms a day (adults)
- Selenium (methionine) 200ug
- In a base of alfalfa, spirulina & bilberry
- Vegetarian cellulose (HPMC*) capsule 100mg