PrEP Programme Eligibility
Are you eligible for PrEP?
Read the questions below to determine whether you may be at high risk for HIV infection. You may want PrEP anyway, even if not currently at risk – some people may anticipate a risky period coming up, or want to be super protected.
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, consider PrEP:
- Are you having sex without a condom?
- Do you have more than one sexual partner?
- Are you having sex with an HIV-positive partner?
- Are you having sex with a partner/s whose HIV status is not known?
- Do you have sex under the influence of alcohol and drugs?
- Have you recently been diagnosed with a sexually transmitted infection or ever been diagnosed with recurrent sexually transmitted infections?
- Are you in an age disparate relationships (e.g., with a partner older than 5 years)?
Tool adapted from the South African 2021 UPDATED GUIDELINES FOR THE PROVISION OF ORAL PRE-EXPOSURE PROPHYLAXIS (PrEP)